Skip to main content
Topic: Staff Line Weight (Read 1676 times) previous topic - next topic

Staff Line Weight

I've been fooling around with trying to match an 18th century music engraving. The staff line thickness is about 20% of the distance from top of a line to top of the next line. Is it possible to make the lines of the nwc staff heavier without changing the line spacing?  I also need to make the repeat bars with two heavy bars. I think I can simulate that by adding a normal bar and a zero width  spacer. I'm also trying to create an nwc font to match the clef. time signature numbers and the eight note (non-beamed) flag, which is a simple diagonal line. I am also using some of the "new" objects. For instance, the original music had stem up and stem down eight notes (more than an octave apart) with the beam between them. The beam object worked great for that.

Re: Staff Line Weight

Reply #1
It should be possible to create a custom object that will redraw the staff lines with a heavier line weight. This technique is used by TabStaff.nw to render a 6-line tablature staff below the current staff; it should be relatively easy to create a version which redraws the current 5-line staff.  I'll try to work on this later today, if someone does not beat me to it.

Re: Staff Line Weight

Reply #3
See this old thread! (try the value 1000 to see what happens ...)

H.M.

I usually use a value of 300 and that works fine for me.  The only gripe is that it cannot be set permanently and nwc loses the setting on exit.  Maybe one for the wish-list?