Skip to main content
Topic: Chords - editing individual notes in a chord (Read 1765 times) previous topic - next topic

Chords - editing individual notes in a chord

Is it possible to edit an individual note in a chord.
I am constantly making errors and i find them as i am going along.
To change an individual note in a chord it looks like to have to re-enter the whole chord again.
Or is it possible to copy a similar chord and edit and individual note?
Am i missing a command?

Re: Chords - editing individual notes in a chord

Reply #1
The answer is a qualified "yes" - depending on which version of NWC you are using and what attribute of the note you want to edit. If you are using ver. 2.51 or later, place the mouse cursor on the note you want to edit and right-click. This will give you a context menu that will allow you to change the note's accidental, color, or notehead shape, and add or subtract a tie. For any other changes, you will have to delete the individual note and replace it with the new one. To delete an individual note from a chord, place the cursor directly to the note's right and press <Ctrl><Backspace>. (Note that you can't erase a rest in a restchord in this manner - you have to erase the entire chord and start over.)

Reply #2
CTRL+BACKSPACE
Code: (nwc) [Select · Download]
!NoteWorthyComposerClip(2.751,Single)
|Clef|Type:Treble
|Chord|Dur:4th|Pos:-4,-1,1
|Chord|Dur:4th|Pos:-4,-2,1
!NoteWorthyComposerClip-End
To change the first chord into the second chord, position the cursor the the right of the A, press CTRL+BACKSPACE, move the cursor down to G and press CTRL+ENTER
Registered user since 1996

Reply #3
Thanks - i wouldn't have spotted this command for a while!
I am getting the hang of it now