Skip to main content
Topic: Slurs with rests (Read 1545 times) previous topic - next topic

Slurs with rests

All

I'm rather sure my issue is already discussed somewhere, but I cannot find it.

Anyway: If you copy/paste code below in a staff in Noteworthy, you will see that I have used stem up and stem down.  What I want to do, is to have a slur for the notes in the "stem down".  Whatever I try, this seems not to work. 

My thought was to first add the "stem up"-notes. Then I enable the "stem down" option together with the slur-option. However, no slur is drawn at all.  If I enter the notes without "stem up"/"stem down" the slur is drawn at the top off the staff and that's not what I want. I did find a way where the slur was drawn below, but then the "rest"-symbols appeared under the half-dotted tones and that's neither what I want.

So does someone have a step-by-step instruction how to have the slur from the half dotted G until the D (and thus the slur drawn at the bottom of the staff)?

Regards
Ino

Code: (nwc) [Select · Download]
!NoteWorthyComposerClip(2.751,Single)
|RestChord|Dur:4th|Opts:Stem=Up,ArticulationsOnStem|Dur2:Half,Dotted,Slur|Pos2:-2
|Note|Dur:4th|Pos:5|Opts:Stem=Up
|Bar
|RestChord|Dur:4th|Opts:Stem=Up,ArticulationsOnStem|Dur2:Half,Dotted,Slur|Pos2:-1
|Note|Dur:4th|Pos:2|Opts:Stem=Up
|Note|Dur:4th|Pos:2|Opts:Stem=Up
|Bar
|RestChord|Dur:4th|Opts:Stem=Up,ArticulationsOnStem|Dur2:Half,Dotted,Slur|Pos2:0
|Bar
|Note|Dur:4th|Pos:-5|Opts:Stem=Down
!NoteWorthyComposerClip-End

Re: Slurs with rests

Reply #1
Code: (nwc) [Select · Download]
!NoteWorthyComposer(2.751)
|AddStaff|Name:"Staff"
|StaffProperties|EndingBar:Open (hidden)
|RestChord|Dur:4th,Slur|Opts:Stem=Up,Slur=Downward|Dur2:Half,Dotted,Slur|Pos2:-2
|Bar
!NoteWorthyComposer-End
Registered user since 1996

Reply #2
... and, in addition to Rick's example, a step-by-step that worked for me immediately with your example:
  • Select all chords/notes except the final d;
  • Press ; (semicolon) - the slur will appear above the notes;
  • Select only the first rest-chord and press Alt-Enter;
  • Under "Slur Direction", select "Downwards" and press Enter - the slur is now where you want it to appear, isn't it?
  • (An additional Marker object before the first chord, added with @, can be used to lower the starting position of the slur a little bit)

H.M.

Reply #3
@H.M.

Regards
Ino