Skip to main content
Topic: Lyrics Reversed (Read 1772 times) previous topic - next topic

Lyrics Reversed

I'm scoring a song with three lyric lines.  (included herewith) But when I play it back it plays the 3rd line 1st.  What might cause this?

Re: Lyrics Reversed

Reply #1
I think you need to use repeats again to reset the repeat count.
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.

Reply #2
Thank you sir.  I'm getting closer.  It's the same old mapping/flow direction problem with me.  I figured out that I needed to make the 2nd ending OPEN to get it to go to the chorus.  And I put a TO CODA then a CODA after that chorus.  But I still have something haywire because the 3r verse gets skipped.  I want the mapping to be Intro-Verse 1- Verse 2-Chorus-Verse 3-Chrorus-Out.  I'm thinking I might need a DS al Segno after the 1st chorus to play the 3rd verse?  I've attached my current arrangement.  Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.  I am self taught and learning as I go here.  :-)

Reply #3
Make the 3rd ending also a D(efault) ending.  You need that when you use a DS or DC.

You may need to kill the double bar lines at the end of the 2nd and 3rd endings too - you can fake 'em with 2 single barlines separated by a spacer if you need to.

Reply #4
Thank you Sir.  I'm grateful for your help.  What does it mean to make an ending be a "default" ending?

Reply #5
In the special ending dialogue box, you can make an ending:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and D
The D is the default ending.  The D is hidden these days (it used to show) so you also would want to show the numerical equivalent though it isn't necessary for the operation of the software.

Reply #6
Thank you again.