Skip to main content
Topic: Suggestions (Read 1340 times) previous topic - next topic

Suggestions

I am addicted to this software!  I do have some suggestions for future releases, to wit;  1...More colors.  Need more dark colors for accentuating different things on printed scores.  2...The ability to stack rests.  3...The ability to beam both stem-up note runs and stem-down note runs atop one another.  4...A feature to enable pentuplets.  5...Guitar chord "symbols" that change when transposing keys.     (Just a few thoughts from the peanut gallery)

Re: Suggestions

Reply #1
I'll try to answer a few of your questions.

1. You mention that you'd like "more colors". Do you mean more than 8 colors per score, or do you mean the ability to change the 8 highlight colors that are there to other darker colors?  If you mean the latter, then you can already do that. Go to Tools > Options, and navigate to the Color tab. For any of the selections in the List of Color Items, if you highlight the item and click the Change... button, you can choose any color you like from the custom color selector.

2 & 3.  You can do this today by layering staves. For stacking rests, you can add extra rests as text objects, but the staff layering feature does things in a more straight forward manner. I believe there is a tutorial on layering staves in one of the user guides, but I am not sure where that is. Perhaps someone else can respond with this information.

4. This isn't a feature yet, although there have been a number of posts by other on ways to "trick" NWC into playing pentuplets.

5. There are two different "guitar chord" objects in NWC: ChordPlay.nw just draws the chord name as text, and GuitarChord.ms will draw both the chord name and the fingering chart. (NWC's author provided the former, and I wrote the latter).  Both objects can optionally play the chords.  Chords created using ChordPlay.nw will actually transpose when you transpose a staff. Unfortunately, chords created with GuitarChord.ms (my object) won't transpose, since I could not think of a practical way of "transposing" the fingering diagram.

Please let me know if you need more information on any of the above.

Mike

Re: Suggestions

Reply #2
Thank you sir you've been quite helpful.