Skip to main content
Topic: Resetting a custom selector to default (Read 2126 times) previous topic - next topic

Resetting a custom selector to default

I created a custom selector this morning which didn't work as expected, and rather than try to make it work right I decided to "empty" it - to return it to the default empty state. However, there doesn't seem to be a way to do this. There is no "reset to default" command on the context menu, and the only "default" command I can find in the dialogue box appears to refer to a whole toolbar, or perhaps the entire toolbar setup - I'm not going to risk upsetting everything to find out. I tried erasing all commands on the staff that defines the selector, and that took away the functionality, but it didn't take away the glyph. I've now removed it from the toolbar, which is temporarily satisfactory, but it gives me one less user selector to work with. Any ideas?

Re: Resetting a custom selector to default

Reply #1
This might or might not be what you are trying to do... but if you navigate to C:\Users\<your login>\AppData\Local\Noteworthy Software\nwc2, you will see a bunch of files there. Some of them will have .nwc extensions; those are your selectors. The first available custom selector is #9, which should have the filename 108.nwc. (the selectors are numbered from 100.nwc upwards). You can simply delete the file to go back to the default selector.  If you make changes to any of the built-in selectors, it will save an appropriately named file to that folder.

Edit: I just realized that different versions of Windows don't use the same folder name for these settings. The one I supplied is correct for Windows 10.

Reply #2
Edit: I just realized that different versions of Windows don't use the same folder name for these settings.
Tools > Options > Config Files > Explore...
should get you there.
Registered user since 1996

Reply #3
Tools > Options > Config Files > Explore...
should get you there.
Actually you meant to type Tools > Options > Folders > Config Files > Explore... but that was close enough. Thanks for the pointer.

Reply #4
Thanks. I'll give that a try.