Skip to main content
Topic: Chord Symbols (Read 1797 times) previous topic - next topic

Chord Symbols

I love the guitar chord symbols in this latest version. But are there sharp and flat chords available too?

Re: Chord Symbols

Reply #1
Code: (nwc) [Select · Download]
!NoteWorthyComposerClip(2.751,Single)
|Clef|Type:Treble
|Key|Signature:Bb,Eb,Ab,Db,Gb,Cb,Fb|Tonic:C
|User|ChordPlay.nw|Pos:8.5|Name:Cb
|Chord|Dur:Half|Pos:-4,-2,1
|User|GuitarChord.ms|Pos:9.5|Name:Cb|Anticipated:N
|Chord|Dur:Half|Pos:-4,-2,1
!NoteWorthyComposerClip-End
Registered user since 1996

Reply #2
Thank you sir.  I'm afraid I don't know anything about these codes though.  I was looking for the little guitar chord icons; e.g.: F#m, Eb, Db etc.  I was hoping to have them added to the chord library on my screen.  Please excuse my ignorance.

Reply #3
Hello,

If you want just the chord names to appear, add the ChordPlay.nw object to your staff at each position where you want the chord name to be shown. Use a b (lower case B) for flats, and a # for sharps. One nice thing about using the object, instead of a text object with a special font, is that NWC can optionally play the chord. Also, if you later transpose the staff, NWC will transpose the chord names also.

If you want both chord names and a guitar chord chart, you can use the GuitarChord.ms object. You can choose from 132 predefined guitar chords, or you can create custom chords. It also will optionally play the chord, but it doesn't transpose like ChordPlay does.

Reply #4
Thank you.