Skip to main content
Topic: Recovery after Windows10 issues (Read 1926 times) previous topic - next topic

Recovery after Windows10 issues

I have been a long time nwc user who lapsed for a while after jumping into Lilypond. I got as far as updating to 2.75 before my trials and tribulations with various Windows 10 OS issues.

After recent factory rebuilds I have been using nwc as an efficient way to generate scores to be titivated in Lilypond. The issue I have is that I have re-installed 2.75 from backups but there is no data to indicate I have a registered version that can be updated to 2.75a.

My records did not have the username /password for this forum but that has been restored via my email address.

I do have a record "access2004" associated with a passsword maybe this could be the missing link if so how do I reactivate my registration.

Thanks for reading this far....
I'll understand all this $thing-> $somethingelse one day...

Re: Recovery after Windows10 issues

Reply #1
 The code and associated password that you quote are not for the program, they are for access to the newsgroup.

If you can find one of your discs that came with Noteworthy, you may find the registration details as well.
I'm not sure if it was written on the CD but if not, it would have been on the letter that came with it.

If you think that you have found it, you can go to the link below to check to see if you have got it right.
https://noteworthycomposer.com/order/authorize.php
Rich.

Reply #2
Thanks Richard. I did manage to dredge up a folder containing all the old update .exe files so starting from my CD from 2008 I have managed to work my way back to 2.75a.

I'd obvisously been more cautious than I remembered.  Memory is a fading aptitude for one advancing to the ineveitable...
I'll understand all this $thing-> $somethingelse one day...

Reply #3
I had to do the same thing recently! It was a bit complicated and nwc support was not helpful at all!!!

What are you doing in Lilypond?