Skip to main content
Topic: not responding (Read 2044 times) previous topic - next topic

not responding

Today when I was connecting my Yamaha Keyboard to my computer in order to use Noteworthy Composer,  I went to options/midi and my screen froze.  I cannot use any part of Noteworthy Composer now.  Is there a way to force quit?   I have the hourglass instead of a cursor except when I try to x the options screen.  Then I get a message that the program is not responding and I can either End Now or Cancel.  When I click End Now I'm told to send an error report toe Microsoft.  I have done that repeatedly, but my screen is still frozen and Noteworthy Composer is unusable.  Help!!

Re: not responding

Reply #1
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and suggest a reboot of the PC - it's more likely a Windows issue than an NWC one...
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.

Reply #2
I have a virtual Windows computer on my Mac - VMWare, which is where I open NoteWorthy Composer.  When I close (suspend) VMWare and then reopen it, is that the same thing as rebooting?  Should I shut down my MAC?  Not sure that would have any effect on my Windows, however. 

Reply #3
IIRC Suspending it will only store the current state of the Virtual Machine and then restore it when it is reopened- you need to actually reboot the Virtual Machine, not simply suspend it.
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.

Reply #4
Thank you!  I looked around last evening and figured out how to actually close my virtual computer.  When I restarted it I was able to use Noteworthy again - until I tried again to connect my Yamaha piano.  Same thing happened, and I had to reboot windows again.  So I guess my problem is with the cord I use to connect the piano to the computer.  I've had it for at least 12 years.  I'll try a new cord.  Thanks again for your help.  I really appreciate it!

Reply #5
I incurred in something similar when windows in a VM could not gain access the MIDI (or even a serial) port.
It was either because badly configured or in use by something else.

send an error report to Microsoft.
...ROFL!!!!!!  :))  :))  :))  :))