Skip to main content
Topic: I cant get Decresendo to work... (Read 5213 times) previous topic - next topic

I cant get Decresendo to work...

My sound card: Creative AWE64

How to get Decresendo to work?
I put FFF followed by Decresendo, then P after Decresendo... I can't hear any volumn reduction.

p.s. instrument used (#55) Synth Voice

Re: I cant get Decresendo to work...

Reply #1
Hello,
If the notation you want to decrescendo is a single note, then your sound card may not support it. If it is a series of notes {4 quarters for example} then the decresc. should work fine.
- Joe

Reply #2
Does Creative AWE64 support that thing?

Reply #3
The AWE64 MIDI Synth does support volume changes on notes that are already playing (at least our AWE64 Gold does). Make sure that you are changing MIDI Volume, not Velocity, in your dynamics. You will need to override the volume in each dynamic, as NWC does not, by default, change MIDI Volume in a dynamic.

For a test, try the following:

voltest.nwc

Reply #4
Yes, it does work in my creative sound blaster AWE64. Thanks for the sample file, I think it would help. Is there a section of your website that let us post up NWC files? Then we can share and learn from each other...

Reply #5
Henry,
there is a place where you can send files (and get files too), thanks to kindness of NWC users (+ family).
It is Scripto , the "NoteWorthy Composer Scriptorium".
Also exist the NWC newsgroup, if you have an access to nntp protocol.
(By the way, does someone know if a www site give access to the newsgroup, as www.remarq.com did for the previous one?)
Plus a maillist (see user tips) with the limit of 10Kb/msg.

HTH,
      Marsu

Reply #6
The sample also fades as expected on a Soundblaster AWE32 PnP. Just for the record!

Peter.