Skip to main content
Topic: notes and lyrics are not visible (Read 4804 times) previous topic - next topic

notes and lyrics are not visible

Frequently I create Powerpoint-presentations to show the musicnotes in our church.
Since the latest updates the music notes and lyrics are invisibe. I only can see the staff, the bar breaks and the slurs and ties.
I am using a printerdriver which creates a GIF. In that printer driver I select to invert the output. That is the most suitable situation in our church.
Also when I print the output to a non-inverted image, the output is without texts etc.

What can I do to get the music notes and lyrics visible.

<Image Link>

Re: notes and lyrics are not visible

Reply #1
You don't say what version of Windows you are running, or what printer driver you are using to create the GIF conversion.

Have you tried a different printer driver, to see if that is causing the issue? Also, have you tried to do a Print Preview, and then select Copy Page from the menu (you can choose clipboard or *.emf file) and paste into your Powerpoint presentation from there.

Let me know if any of these suggestions work.

Reply #2
Thanks for your reply.

I am running Windows 10. Currently I am running NWC 2.75a.2. Also in NWC 2.75a.1 the output was wrong. Creating the images with the older version 2.75 was perfect.
The printer driver I am using is an old one, which I bought from www.zan1011.com. The downloaded driver was called zvprt5.

I didn't try any other printer driver, because I did not find any free driver which has the possibilities.
I am afraid the quality of the picture is worse when I am using Copy Page...

Why does NWC2.75 works well while the newest update reproduces an incomplete picture.

Regards,
Guido

Reply #3
Why does NWC2.75 works well while the newest update reproduces an incomplete picture.
Just a guess here as Windows is getting too complex for me to simulate font environments. The latest versions of NWC may not need NWC2STDA.ttf to be registered as a font. Your printer driver probably does need NWC2STDA.ttf to be registered as a font. Somewhere along the line, the copy of NWC2STDA.ttf that was registered may have been deleted or moved.
Registered user since 1996

Reply #4
NWC2STDA.ttf is still registered as a font in my system.
<Image Link>

Maybe another issue: I am using NWC2HiVisLP. Does that give any problems?

Regards,
Guido

Reply #5
For what it's worth, my NWC2xxx system fonts were built on an original NWC2STDA.TTF font file.  I replaced the characters and changed the naming details - the way I see it, if NWC2 STDA works, then all my NWC2xxx fonts should too.
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.

Reply #6
Is there a way I can go back to NWC 2.75? I have the setup file of 2.0. In 2015 I saved nwcupd_from_v2.0.exe which gives me 2.51a. How can I get the 2.75 version?

Regards,
Guido

Reply #7
I am afraid the quality of the picture is worse when I am using Copy Page...
Yes, that's common, but did you try exporting as .emf file?
The quality should be perfect.
At most the problem could be a partial image, but I don't think this could be the case.

Reply #8
Thanks for your reply.
No, I didn't try exporting as .emf file? Because I have a lot a pages, it should be a proces of many hours....
On the current stage there are two solutions, I think: working at version 2.51a or find a way to upgrade to 2.75.

Regards,
Guido

Reply #9
Yes, that's common, but did you try exporting as .emf file?
The quality should be perfect.
At most the problem could be a partial image, but I don't think this could be the case.
The quality of EMF export is good. IrfanView can invert and convert EMF into GIF
It is a multi-step process suitable for dozens of pages but not hundreds.
Registered user since 1996

Reply #10
And printing the score as XPS?
Can Powerpoint import XPS?

Reply #11
Rick, thanks. Good to know.
Thanks for your reply.

Regards,
Guido

Reply #12
If you are still having this problem, I would start by rebooting the machine, if you have not done so yet. This often cures problems like this. AFAIK, there isn't anything in the 2.75a upgrade that would cause this, but Windows sometimes flips out when system fonts are replaced until a reboot is done.

Reply #13
Just in case...
No, it seems that Powerpoint doesn't import XPS.
But you can print to XPS, then use xpsviewer to automatically export each page as gif (or whatever else).