Skip to main content
Topic: Adding H to ...Chord fonts? (Read 2616 times) previous topic - next topic

Adding H to ...Chord fonts?

Unfortunately, H is missing from the list of note (or chord) names. It is commonly used in German-speaking countries, but also e.g. in Denmark. Now I recognize that the "H" position in all the chords fonts is already taken - but I wouldn't care if this letter would be at any other place ...
Or is there a possibility that I can do that myself?

H.M.

Re: Adding H to ...Chord fonts?

Reply #1
If you're speaking about my *dings suites (Swingdings, MusikdingsSans etc.) then you're in luck.  This lack became apparent and the *Germanic variants were made (SwingChordGermanic etc.)

I don't recall if they are included in the "PardyPack" (pretty sure they're not actually) but if not then visit the Scripto:
http://nwc-scriptorium.org/helpful.html#Fonts
and download the "ChordFontsDoSiGermanic March 2009" update.

This update gives you a set of fonts that include the "H" and a set that use "Do, Re, Mi etc)
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.

Reply #2
Regarding the ChordPlay.nw object, it can be changed to allow 'H' named chords. I have also been playing with a unicode conversion mechanism so that #/b get displayed as ♯/♭ (unicode variant).

Treating 'B' named chords as B♭ is a little trickier.

Reply #3
Lawrie ,

:o  ;D ... Many many² many³ ... thanks for having solved this problem - took me 2 minutes to update my templates, and all is perfect!!!
"Around since 2009", I assume ... I should have asked a few years ago.

(I need the H variant not too often - most times, I am happy with the B; but for our choir, I really have to use German chord names)

H.M.

Reply #4
:o  ;D ... Many many² many³ ... thanks for having solved this problem - took me 2 minutes to update my templates, and all is perfect!!!
"Around since 2009", I assume ... I should have asked a few years ago.
<snip>
My absolute pleasure mate :)
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.

Reply #5
The ChordPlay.nw object now detects use of Lawrie's Germanic fonts and remaps the B and Bb accordingly.