Skip to main content
Topic: Can't download the software (Read 2830 times) previous topic - next topic

Can't download the software

Norton 360 Premier will not allow me to download the setup files.  It tells me that it is unsafe.  I have been using the evaluation version for a while without problem.  Any tips?

Re: Can't download the software

Reply #2
Thanks for the link.  It seems then that the download will only work if I disable Norton WS.reputation.  I'm reluctant to do that as I don't know what sort of things are the"problems" that Norton says are there.  I have had no problems with the evaluation version and I only want to be able to share files I have created.  It seems that I can't use the software and I have wasted my money.

Reply #3
Norton is only preventing the download.  I urge you to disable WS.reputation, download the software and re-enable WS.reputation.

As a very, very long time user I can assure you there is NOTHING to be concerned about with the download.  Norton just have a perverted idea of what Noteworthy is.

You have only "wasted" your money if you don't do the download.
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.

Reply #4
Here is a little more information

Clarification on WS.Reputation.1 detection
https://community.norton.com/en/forums/clarification-wsreputation1-detection

NoteWorthy Software, Inc. is a reliable company that has been in business for over 20 years. We do not include ads, viruses or other bad things in our software. 

You can right click on the exe file in an Explorer Window, select Properties, Digital Signature and see our certificate that verifies:
  • Ensures software came from software publisher
    Protects software from alteration after publication

I appreciate that you brought this out in the public forum, as our users will be able to reply to alleviate your concerns of installing NoteWorthy Composer.

Reply #5
Thanks for all the advice.  I took the risk and disabled temporarily WS.reputation, downloaded the software and ran it.  It all seems OK.

Reply #6
Thanks for all the advice.  I took the risk and disabled temporarily WS.reputation, downloaded the software and ran it.  It all seems OK.
I'm sure you won't regret it.  8)
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.