Skip to main content
Topic: Lost audio after upgrade (Read 2941 times) previous topic - next topic

Lost audio after upgrade

I recently downloaded the newest upgrades.  Now I have no audio on note input or on playback.   I did not have this problem before the upgrade.  Can anyone help?   I have looked in the tools option for record and midi and I cannot see a problem.

Re: Lost audio after upgrade

Reply #1
Make sure your MIDI synth hasn't been muted or turned down in the audio mixer.
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.

Reply #2
Thanks for the response.   I have checked the volume controls and they are all open.  I get an error message that says one of more of my devices failed to open, and when I check the midi options it only shows Microsoft Midi Mapper in the selected column.

Reply #3
I also got an alert message which read "um2 midi" in port failed.  On my lap top I got a similar message that reads The "USB2.0-MIDI" in port failed.    These are drivers to use a midi keyboard, but I have not be able to get them to work, so I input from the Piano Toolbar.

Reply #4
I received a response from Noteworthy.  Midi Mapper is not supported by the system in Windows 8. and 10.   Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth must be selected.  I am using windows 7 at the moment but I needed to make the change. 

Reply #5
If you were using MIDI Mapper before, then you just need to remove it from the selected list. NWC will then automatically use the GS Wavetable synth.

Reply #6
Thanks for the tip about removing midi mapper and using GSWAVETABLE instead. I wondered where my sound had gone!

Hugh