Skip to main content
Topic: Printing (Read 2735 times) previous topic - next topic

Printing

Does Noteworthy Composer suppress certain options in the printer Driver?

For example, using the same printer driver,  In other programs, I can select specific pages in the Pages box.  So for example, I can select just pages 2 and 4  by using 2, 4 in the box.

In Noteworthy Composer and Noteworthy Viewer however, there are "from" and "to" boxes against the "Pages" option which means that you can only select an inclusive range  of pages.

So for example, I cannot tell Noteworthy Composer to first print pages 4 and 1 , followed by pages 2 and 3 (it will let me print 2 - 3) in order to make an a5 booklet on A4 paper.  I can do this, using the same printer driver in other programs.

OK, so I can print to all pages to pdf and then print pages 4 and 1, followed by 2 and 3 from pdf using the same printer driver and get my a5 music booklet but it would be better if I could do it directly from Noteworthy.
Rich.

Re: Printing

Reply #1
Does Noteworthy Composer suppress certain options in the printer Driver?
It seems so. Or it may be that NoteWorthy specifies a specific Windows version compatibility instead of allowing Windows to figure it out.
Registered user since 1996

Re: Printing

Reply #2
I think it's more the other way round: What you get from NWC, is the standard Windows print dialog. All other ("richer") print dialogs are implemented by the respective programs themselves.
If I open a MS Word file and print it to PDFCreator, I get a print dialog with the "free page box" you indicate; however, when I print a MS Excel file to the same PDFCreator, I only get two "from ...to" boxes, and the dialog talks about "(active) sheets".
Thus, you would, AFAIK, have to convince the NWC people to create a richer dialog where you could enter 1;4;2;3 as print order.

H.M.