Skip to main content
Topic: My 2 wishes: 1) small staffs 4) striked-through grace notes (Read 3108 times) previous topic - next topic

My 2 wishes: 1) small staffs 4) striked-through grace notes

A few months ago, I had three wishes. One of them was already possible back then (tightening the notes somewhat by spacers), one is possible with the PageTxt/Maestro object (copyright on each page).

One is still open: Small staffs.

And I have a new (last?) one: Grace notes that are striked through. Although it is possible to create them with careful placement of a dash (text) over the grace note, this is a nuisance; and almost impossible for grace chords or multiple grace notes that would need a longer or differently angled strike-through line. Striked-through grace notes have been a standard musical notation "since ever," so I would very much like to see them ...

Thanks!
Harald M.

Re: My 2 wishes: 1) small staffs 4) striked-through grace notes

Reply #1
And I have a new (last?) one: Grace notes that are striked through. Although it is possible to create them with careful placement of a dash (text) over the grace note, this is a nuisance; and almost impossible for grace chords or multiple grace notes that would need a longer or differently angled strike-through line. Striked-through grace notes have been a standard musical notation "since ever," so I would very much like to see them ...

Thanks!
Harald M.
Hi Harald,

Check out this post.

Mike

Re: My 2 wishes: 1) small staffs 4) striked-through grace notes

Reply #2
Thanks a lot! - I will immediatly start to use this (have used it a second ago on a Berlioz choir accompagniment). It looks very proimising - if I have any issues with it, I'll ask (but hope not to have any :) ).

Harald M.