Skip to main content
Topic: 1st and 2nd ending printing when staff is invisible or collapsed (Read 1987 times) previous topic - next topic

1st and 2nd ending printing when staff is invisible or collapsed

How do you set up a descant line with 1st and 2nd ending so that it prints.  The descant actually appears after the 1st and 2nd ending.  (For example descant is  measure 40, but special endings are at measures 25 & 26) The staff is invisible or collapsed up to that point.  However since it is the 1st staff the special endings do not print.  How do I correct this.  I thought layering would work, but I am having difficulty figuring it out.

Re: 1st and 2nd ending printing when staff is invisible or collapsed

Reply #1
Select each special ending, go to the properties page, click the visibility tab and select "Always"
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.

Reply #2
Thanks for the response.  However that does not work for me.  There is a blank staff with rests that shows up with the special endings.  I do not want this.  That staff is collapsed/not visible.  What I need is the special endings to show on Staff 2, not Staff 1, How do I do this?

Reply #3
I have figured it out.  I needed to go to the staff where I want the endings to show (Staff 2) and select "Always" for the special endings.  Not staff 1.   Thanks again for the help, it got me thinking and I found the answer.