Skip to main content

Topic: Probably a stupid mistake (Read 890 times) previous topic - next topic

Probably a stupid mistake
I took a piece of music that I had previously modified and made another change which required the addition of two staves.  Each of the two new staves contains 2 rests and 3 notes, along with - on one staff only - a lyric line with two words (3 syllables). Each of them, of course, is layered with another staff. Everything "works" just fine, and it looks OK on the viewer, but when I print (or even preview the print) those two new staves are missing altogether.  I've tried printing with everything unlayered, and they don't show up at all.  I'm sure it's got to be something simple, but I can't figure out.

Edit:  I just made a small change to the one staff - reversed the stems of the notes, and added some rests where they should have been, but weren't practical to add without the extra layer - that staff now shows up on the print preview.
  • Last Edit: 2015-06-30 06:10 pm by Susanna

Re: Probably a stupid mistake
Reply #1
It sounds to me from what you say, that your two new staffs are very short.  Less than one system (length across the page).

If this is the case, try extending the staffs by adding duplicate bars until at least the end of the first system


 
Rich.

Re: Probably a stupid mistake
Reply #2
It sounds to me from what you say, that your two new staffs are very short.  Less than one system (length across the page).

If this is the case, try extending the staffs by adding duplicate bars until at least the end of the first system
I added a few visible bars where I didn't have them before, and that fixed it.  Thanks for your help, anyway.  I guess that was pretty much what the problem was.