Skip to main content
Topic: Mobile App? (Read 3177 times) previous topic - next topic

Mobile App?

Many times in the past, while I was in the midst of working on a composition (I'm working on some composition at all times) and also fooling around with my smartphone, the idea came to me:  Wouldn't it be cool if Noteworthy could produce a fairly simple Android application to view nwc files and perhaps do simple editing? transpositions? etc.

Honestly, I think it would sell as an inexpensive "add-on' for Noteworthy composer, and giving the tremendous popularity of Android and mobile software, many people would probably buy the mobile application first, and then buy the desktop software.

There is pretty good software already available to interpret single-tone sounds and convert the audio information to MIDI data as well.  A person could, say, hum, a melody on a single note, and the computer or device could import it into a file (perhaps even instantaneously, the way a MIDI keyboard works...)  which would be a pretty impressive way to write nwc files, even if it was only one line at a time.

You may think me looney, but I would pay as much for such an app as I have paid for the desktop software, and most of the technology to do this is freely available in Java and Android languages, as well as, obviously, Noteworthy composer and player.

Wouldn't be a horrible idea to think about it.  I tend to think tablets or something like them is going to replace laptops and desktops in the next 10-15 years or sooner.

Re: Mobile App?

Reply #1
Have you tried the Android App " Midi Sheet Music " free app. Not brilliant like NWC, but you can notate with it, and better still import MIDI files made on NWC and play them, ideal for singers learning parts. Been using it on phone and tab for ages.