Skip to main content
Topic: NWC 2.51a displays music incompletely (Read 2139 times) previous topic - next topic

NWC 2.51a displays music incompletely

Files I created some time ago (with NWC version 2.51a) are displayed incompletely. In most cases the two top staffs are displayed, but not the rest. Sometimes complete bars vanish, sometimes a part of them. I can select a number of measures, then they display normal (i.e. white in blue). When I play the music I see the notes appear as they are played (and then they remain visible), but the staff lines in between the notes remain invisible.
When I slowly drag another window over the NWC window, the music reappears as I should be. But then as soon as I hit [F5], they disappear again. When I make the NWC window small (displaying only 2 or tree bars) things work normal - but of course then it is quite useless.
Any idea at all what might cause this?
I'm not sure the problem is in NWC, for those files have been playing and displaying normally until yesterday. This happens with NWC both in editor mode and in viewer mode. And the Viewer shows the same effect.
I use Win Vista. It is not lack of memory or CPU: I use only 55% of memory and about 4% of the CPU.

Re: NWC 2.51a displays music incompletely

Reply #1
Hi Leo,
I haven't heard of a problem like this with NWC before.  I would be inclined to make sure that:
  • Video drivers are up to date
  • Printer driver for the currently active printer is up to date (seems strange, but it's worth a check)
  • IF the printer driver is OK then try exiting NWC, changing the default printer to, say, *"Microsoft XPS Document Writer" and starting NWC again

* This should, IIRC, be a default installed printer from the OS install.
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.

Re: NWC 2.51a displays music incompletely

Reply #2
If you have not yet done so, I would strongly recommend restarting the computer.

If the problem persists after a restart, then identifying what changed in your system would probably be the next step.