Skip to main content
Topic: Is it possible to change the instruments for some notes on a staff. (Read 2697 times) previous topic - next topic

Is it possible to change the instruments for some notes on a staff.

Hello,

One possibility is to duplicate the staff.
Separating the notes of the various instruments on the two staves and adapted instruments of the two staves.
Last step is to be layered the staves.

but I would like to only change the instrument for a note without doubling of the whole staff. Is this possible.

Thank's

Sfefan

Re: Is it possible to change the instruments for some notes on a staff.

Reply #1
Yes,

Move the cursor to the point where you want to change the instrument, and then press the "I" key or select Instrument change from the Insert menu.

This will allow you to set up a new instrument from that point onwards. Use the same method to change the instrument back at the appropriate point in the music.

Rich.

Reply #2
MIDI will allow playback of multiple patches on one channel, but only one patch can produce a 'note on' at any one instant
Registered user since 1996

Reply #3
Hello,

Super. I didn't know this. I tried it only with the characteristics of the notes. Thank you
For my purposes, this is perfect.

Quote from: "Rick G."
but only one patch can produce a 'note on' at any one instant

Sorry, I don't understand the second content.
Because I have firstly not really concerns me with Midi.
And I actually didn't really good english speaking.

So I use google translate and the translation is cruel.

Reply #4
Sometimes it is good to post the Google translation and the original, in your own language.
It is not unusual that someone here understands it, even if he/she is not a native speaker of the language.