Skip to main content
Topic: I want a player like NWPlayer, except... (Read 6361 times) previous topic - next topic

I want a player like NWPlayer, except...

...I want to be able to change the synth. My Midi Mapper sounds terrible. I want to be able to use the Soft Synth from Yamaha on a player that will play MIDI files, AND show the score as the piece plays.
Does such a creature exist?
All help appreciated.
Gordon

Re: I want a player like NWPlayer, except...

Reply #1
Um, NoteWorthy Player should play MIDIs through whatever MIDI playback device you have selected in the Multimedia part of Control Panel in Win95...if Yamaha SoftSynth is your MIDI Playback device, that's what it will play back with.

Reply #2
Thanks for the reply. I'm sure I read that NWPlayer played in MidiMapper (and I know that it can't be changed from within NWPlayer), so it never occurred to me to change the default synth in the Multimedia section.
I shall try this as soon as I go offline.
Gordon

Reply #3
In Windows 95/98:

- Start menu, select Settings, COntrol Panel
- Open the Multimedia applet
- Select the MIDI Tab
- Select Single Instrument
- Select the device you want the Player to use

This will also change the device used by the Media Player, and other similar play programs.

Reply #4
Thanks Seifer and NWC-Support. I now have the answer and have made the changes. I'm glad it was this easy--I didn't want to have to add another player.
Gordon

Reply #5
Thank you so much I thought I was going bonkers but no! What a relief. Now Wagner can rest in Peace???