Skip to main content
Topic: Not a music topic; board software issue (Read 4187 times) previous topic - next topic

Not a music topic; board software issue

In the pull-down menu from a given topic, I will click on "goto General Discussion", and it will take me to the next forum level up (Noteworthy Software).  Is there a setting in board software to correct this?  Also, when I read one topic in a given forum, that forum shows as having been read, while there are still unread topics there.

Re: Not a music topic; board software issue

Reply #1
Also, when I read one topic in a given forum, that forum shows as having been read, while there are still unread topics there.
I think that is the behavior I would expect. I think the icon is for "new posts since last visit," not "unread posts exist." If I visit a forum and read a few posts, should the forum still show "new posts" until I read all of the hundreds of posts on that forum?

Reply #2
I think that is the behavior I would expect. I think the icon is for "new posts since last visit," not "unread posts exist." If I visit a forum and read a few posts, should the forum still show "new posts" until I read all of the hundreds of posts on that forum?
It doesn't that way on other forums.  There is one that I frequent, and as long as there are posts that I haven't read in a specific subforum, it still shows that there are unread posts.  If you don't want to read them all, you can read the ones you choose, and then mark the forum as read.

And I still think that when I click on "goto" for the Discussion Forum, it should go to the Discussion Forum, not its parent.

Reply #3
I still think that when I click on "goto" for the Discussion Forum, it should go to the Discussion Forum, not its parent.
At the top and bottom of this topic is:
Noteworthy Software Forum > NoteWorthy Composer > General Discussion > Topic: Re: Not a music topic; board software issue
If you want to go to 'General Discussion', click on 'General Discussion'. If you want to go to its parent, click on the parent.
You can also use the 'Jump to:' bar at the bottom of each topic to go to the forum or board of your choice.
Registered user since 1996

Reply #4
At the top and bottom of this topic is:If you want to go to 'General Discussion', click on 'General Discussion'. If you want to go to its parent, click on the parent.
You can also use the 'Jump to:' bar at the bottom of each topic to go to the forum or board of your choice.
It's the "jump to" that doesn't work correctly.  I click on "jump to" General Discussion, and get "Noteworthy Software."

Sorry, I said "goto" on the other post, because that's the term used on another forum I frequent - it's the same as "jump to."

Reply #5
Hi Susanna, FWIW I just tried it and went to the right place.  I'm using FireFox 29.0.1 (30 offered itself when I checked so I'm about to upgrade(?))...
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.

Reply #6
Hi Susanna, FWIW I just tried it and went to the right place.  I'm using FireFox 29.0.1 (30 offered itself when I checked so I'm about to upgrade(?))...

I get auto-updates from FireFox, so I'm probably on 30 right now.  But if I go to the "jump to" box, select "General Discussion" and click on go, it goes to the level above.  Same thing happened today, I tried it from Back Stage, but it took me "back" to Noteworthy Composer level.

Reply #7
Oops, getting "Noteworthy Software" and "Noteworthy Composer" mixed up.  Anyway, whatever I click on, it goes to the parent forum.