Skip to main content
Topic: small request (Read 2936 times) previous topic - next topic

small request

I would like to see a small change to the way NWC updates the screen when new material is added to a measure that extends off the screen to the right. Current behavior is to jump the beat being worked on all the way to the left - so that it becomes the first visible beat on the active staff - whenever the new time value of a note or rest extends into the area beyond the screen. I would prefer either that the beat jump only half way across the screen, or that the score move only far enough left to bring the barline at the end of the current measure into view. Either of these methods would preserve the context of the area being worked on. The current method loses the context off the left-hand edge of the screen, and the score must be manually moved to the right in order to see it again. A small irritation, to be sure, but an irritation nevertheless - especially when editing backward through a score.

I'd be happy to see this as an option, for those who want to preserve the current behavior. But I think the change I suggest here should be the default.

Bill

Re: Erratic scroll during entry

Reply #1
Current behavior is to jump the beat being worked on all the way to the left - so that it becomes the first visible beat on the active staff
I don't see the behavior that you describe. If anything, NWC jumps too little.
Registered user since 1996