Skip to main content
Topic: Upgrade problems? (Read 4913 times) previous topic - next topic

Upgrade problems?

I just upgraded my 2.5 to 2.51 and see many problems on the toolbars. Several buttons just show a "?" ERR instead of a command.
I would attach a picture but I'm new to the forum and don't see a way to do that!

For example, on the "insert" toolbar, in order left to right
Clef Selector, Key Signature Selector, Unknown Command, Insert Key Signature, etc.
I suspect the missing tool here is Time Signature Selector.

There are three unknown commands before the crescendo and two after the decrescendo (labeled Item Selector 15-13). Then there are 4 more after the Note Spacer.

On the notehead toolbar, the last 7 are errors.

Does anybody else have problems with upgrading?

Re: Upgrade problems?

Reply #1
Yes, many if not everybody.

This problem showed up during the beta stage but back then it had to be considered normal.
I expected it to be fixed in the official release but it seems it's not the case.

You have to "fix" the toolbars yourself by hand.

Reply #2
OK, how do I fix them?
And how do I know what each toolbar should have so I fix them properly? Anybody care to share a screenshot?

Reply #3
Well, here's a screenshot of mine - however, I can't remember when/if/how I changed them. I was taking part in the beta stage .
Rich.

Reply #4
I'll take a look at that when I get home tonight. It looks a little different than what I remember seeing, but there may just be some reordering.
Side note - where is the attachment option on this forum? Do I have to have so many posts before that feature is available?

Reply #5
Side note - where is the attachment option on this forum? Do I have to have so many posts before that feature is available?

No, you have to upgrade your forum membership to NWC2 member.
(See the news under the top banner above and then look at the first post in the topic that points to)
Rich.

Reply #6
We opted not to automatically modify your toolbar customization when upgrading to NWC 2.51. The procedure to edit your adjustments is explained here:

Broken Toolbar Icons After Upgrade
http://nwsw.net/-b46

Reply #7
Is there a way to assign more helpful labels to ten toolbar item selectors that are used? What can be done with the six that appear not to be used at present?
Selector 01 Clef Selector (c)
Selector 02 Key Signature Selector (k)
Selector 03 Time Signature Selector (g)
Selector 04 Note Chord Selector (h)
Selector 05 Rest Selector
Selector 06 Bar Selector (b)
Selector 07 Dynamics Selector (d)
Selector 08 Tempo Variance Marks (e)
Selector 09 Pedal Marks (u)
Selector 10 Note Space
Selector 11
Selector 12
Selector 13
Selector 14
Selector 15
Selector 16

Reply #8
You can edit any of the selectors by right clicking them and selecting Customize. If you want to make your own, I would recommend starting from 16 and working back.

Reply #9
My query relates to the name of the selector rather than its contents. For example "Selector 01" has the tooltip "Clef Selector (c)" which is displayed when hovering over it; however it appears in View->Toolbars->Customize->Toolbar:Insert as "Selector 01". Can it be renamed as "Clef Selector"?

Reply #10
My query relates to the name of the selector rather than its contents. For example "Selector 01" has the tooltip "Clef Selector (c)" which is displayed when hovering over it; however it appears in View->Toolbars->Customize->Toolbar:Insert as "Selector 01". Can it be renamed as "Clef Selector"?
The names: "Selector 01" - "Selector 16" are hardwired in NWC2.exe
Registered user since 1996