Skip to main content
Topic: Poor quality instrument patches... (Read 3720 times) previous topic - next topic

Poor quality instrument patches...

Hello,
I had been a very happy user of the shareware noteworthy composer for sometime now. The other week my computer crashed and i lost everything, including the noteworthy composer. When i got my copmter working again, one of the first things i did was get another shareware version. But unfortunatly to my dismay, i found that the sound of the different Midi patches were horrible!! With my first N.C.
I had very nice and authentic sounding patches, but these new ones sound just awful!! Does anyone know of how to get the good sounding patches?

Thanks
Al Rojas

Re: Poor quality instrument patches...

Reply #1
Well, that would have nothing to do with NoteWorthy Composer. The program simply sends out the midi commands to your sound card... at that point it's up to the sound card (or external synth) to play the sound.

Did you replace the sound card? Perhaps your sound card (like mine) has different modes... e.g. OPL-3 FM (for SB16 compatibility) vs. MPU-401. If you're in OPL-3 mode, that would explain some pretty awful noises coming out of your computer ;-)

Fred

Re: Poor quality instrument patches...

Reply #2
Does anyone have recommendations as far as settings for instrument patches? Also, can other patches be downloaded or added to Noteworthy?