Skip to main content
Topic: Text Does Not Print (Read 2795 times) previous topic - next topic

Text Does Not Print

I want to notate a chord (take a simple C) to name the notes in it. I selected a small font, 8-point and placed the name of the notes just left of the chord. The note names look small but good in the Editor but when I select Print Preview or Print, the note names are not there. Do I have something turned off somewhere?

Al

Re: Text Does Not Print

Reply #1
Al,
this is like asking us to catch a ghost -
rather attach the relevant segment of your  NWC file, by using the
"Additional Options" so that we can see what you've done -
putting you on the right track should then be fairly easy.

Reply #2
Haymo is right. We need more information in order to help you with this.

If attaching a file to a post here on the forum seems difficult to you, here's another way:

(1) Select the part of the music where the problem lies. In this case, one measure will probably do it. You can select a single measure easily by placing the cursor just inside the beginning of the measure, holding down the Ctrl and Shift keys together, and pressing the right-pointing arrow on the keyboard.
(2) Hold down Ctrl and press the letter C on the keyboard. This will copy the measure to your computer's clipboard.
(3) Create a reply to this topic, position the cursor in the reply text box, then hold down Ctrl and press the letter V. You should get a small body of text that begins with the run-together words "NoteworthyComposerClip".  This text, if selected and pasted into an NWC staff, will produce a copy of your original measure.

You can add other text to your reply, if you like - just keep the Noteworthy clip text as a separate set of lines with spaces above and below them so we can find and select them easily.

Reply #3
Do I have something turned off somewhere?
You may have turned off the Visibility Properties.
If so, the text will be visible in Edit mode but not View/Print.
Code: (nwc) [Select · Download]
!NoteWorthyComposerClip(2.0,Single)
|Text|Text:"C"|Font:PageSmallText|Pos:10|Justify:Center|Placement:AtNextNote|Visibility:Never
|Chord|Dur:4th|Pos:-4,-2,1
|Text|Text:"G"|Font:PageSmallText|Pos:10|Justify:Center|Placement:AtNextNote
|Chord|Dur:4th|Pos:-2,0,2
!NoteWorthyComposerClip-End
Registered user since 1996

Reply #4
Yeah, that seems the most likely. But it's hard to turn off visibility accidentally, so there may be another reason. In any case, Al, you now know from Rick's post what Noteworthy clip text looks like. Boxing it, as Rick has done, takes an extra step I didn't bother describing, as it's not necessary to get the data across, only to make it stand out better from the rest of the post.