Skip to main content
Topic: Got it, at last! (Read 3498 times) previous topic - next topic

Got it, at last!

Sometimes happened to me that suddenly the '+' and '-' keys stopped working, but I was always in a hurry and I had no time to investigate.
Each time, when later I tried to reproduce the effect, it never reappeared.
I started suspecting I had dreamed. ;-)

Now I got it!
Open the attached file, select the 1/32 note and try to change its duration using '+' and '-'.
It doesn't change.

Be careful: the effect is very fragile. If you try the same on a file saved as .nwctxt the keys '+' and '-' work as expected!

Re: Got it, at last!

Reply #1
Odd. NWC seems to think that single note is a chord; however, that shouldn't make any difference, as the + and - keys work on chords, including restchords and chords with different note durations. In fact, if you add a note to that "chord", the + and - keys start working again, and keep working even if you take the added chord note away. Go figure.

Reply #2
the effect is very fragile. If you try the same on a file saved as .nwctxt the keys '+' and '-' work as expected!
That is because your attachment is a corrupted file. Saving it to a text format removes the corruption.

It may be that the file got mangled on your storage device, by Windows, or by another app.
It is possible that NoteWorthy did not cause the bug.
Registered user since 1996

Reply #3
It is possible that NoteWorthy did not cause the bug.

True, but an older version of NWC is likely to be the original culprit. I don't think there are any current issues with NWC that can cause this.

I will look into the file open/load mechanism again to see if this can be fixed in NWC 2.51 (and its companion Viewer).

Reply #4
an older version of NWC is likely to be the original culprit.

I agree.
I don't think there is any other way for that file to become corrupted.