Skip to main content
Topic: NWC 2.5 running on Windows 8.1 (preview) (Read 5239 times) previous topic - next topic

NWC 2.5 running on Windows 8.1 (preview)

Since a few days I am running Windows 8.1. I had to reinstall all of my applications.
When I run Noteworthy Composer, it doesn't view anything on the music sheet.
How do I solve that problem?

Re: NWC 2.5 running on Windows 8.1 (preview)

Reply #1
If you are refering to Print Preview, at least one printer needs to be defined. NoteWorthy queries the driver of the selected printer to produce the Score Print Preview popup.
Registered user since 1996

Reply #2
Thanks, Rick. I referred to the start screen of creating a new score.

At this moment, next morning, I started NWC and would explain my problems.
I don´t know why, but I do not see problems anymore.
Maybe the restart of my computer had helped me?
It seems, the problem is solved.
Thanks!

Reply #3
I just bought a new lap top (Windows 8.1).  I bought and downloaded NWC.  It does not recognize files that I have created from my older lap top.  It says that "this file failed to open. it either does not exist or may be corrupt".  A couple files were opened, but the majority bring this message.
Is there something I need to do? Please help.

Reply #4
Maybe the restart of my computer had helped me?

Yes, a restart will often help with problems of a blank editor screen, or when the main NWC font is not showing up.

It does not recognize files that I have created from my older lap top.  It says that "this file failed to open. it either does not exist or may be corrupt".  A couple files were opened, but the majority bring this message.
Is there something I need to do?

Based on your e-mails, this is caused by the file names containing one or more Unicode characters that cannot be converted to the current ANSI character set. You might be able to improve this situation by updating your language settings: In Windows 8, goto:

Control Panel -- Clock, Language, and Region -- Change Location -- Administrative tab -- Language for non-Unicode programs

This setting is best when it matches the character set used by your file names.

We are working to improve this situation in the 2.5 series by adding conversion support for files that are drag-and-dropped onto the main NWC program window. We will be releasing a beta of this function into the Back Stage area soon.

Moving forward, we will be solving this issue completely in a future release of NWC 3.0. We have not yet announced any availability schedule for the 3.0 release.

Reply #5
I followed your sugestions and it is working!!!  Thank you!