Skip to main content
Topic: Larger Noteheads and/or Staff (Read 2422 times) previous topic - next topic

Larger Noteheads and/or Staff

At 70 years old, my eyes aren't what they used to be, but I still like playing the guitar and piano keyboard. Is there a way to increase the diameter of the printed noteheads or the size of the staff in general? Can't find anything in the tutorial manual.

Thank you.

Al

Re: Larger Noteheads and/or Staff

Reply #1
If you just want to change the size of the notes on the screen, there are zoom buttons in the button bar (magnifying glasses marked with + and - ).

If you want to change the size of the notes on the printed output, go to page setup (that's the open-book icon on the button bar - or you can find it as a menu entry on the File menu). Click on the fonts tab, then click the change button in the "staff metrics" box (you'll find it right under the tabs, above the obvious box with all the fonts in it. The "staff metrics" box has a background the same color as the tab, so it may be hard to spot at first.)

HTH. Welcome to NWC. (And BTW, I'm 71).

Bill

Reply #2
In addition, if you have the CD or have downloaded the "PardyPack" font update ( https://www.noteworthysoftware.com/uc/pardypack/ ), there is a system font called "NWC2HiVisLP.ttf" which was designed for just this purpose.  It has much bolder glyphs and large, round, noteheads.

I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.

Reply #3
Thank you for the suggestions. Both work very well and give me choices. I appreciate it.

Thank you.
Al