Skip to main content
Topic: Page numbers/ measure numbers (Read 3253 times) previous topic - next topic

Page numbers/ measure numbers

I have composed a piece for string orchestra and am trying to get the score and parts readable. I am adjusting placement of various markings, like tempo, rehearsal number, etc. so they don't interfere with one another. One thing that I can't solve is that my measure numbers interfere with my page numbers. I tried adjusting page margins, spacing between staves, etc. but can't seem to resolve this.
I am printing on 8.5x11 paper, there are 5 instruments and my score font size is 18, which gives me 3 lines per page, which is what I want.

Any thoughts?

John

Re: Page numbers/ measure numbers

Reply #1
Would you consider using Lilypond as the print output?

Reply #2
Who's she? Just kidding. I'm not aware of Lilypond. What is it and what are the advantages?

John

Reply #3
You can uncheck 'Mirror Margins' in the Page Setup Command. This will put all page numbers on the right where they will not conflict with measure numbers.
Registered user since 1996

Reply #4
 + Lilypond is a free music setting program (NO sound), with many facilities which are available in Sibelius and Finale and not in NWC.

- Because you can do so MUCH in Lilypond, the input is VERY verbose ( compared to NWC).
- (To me) it seems quite a steep additional learning curve.

+ A convertor from NWC to Lilypond has been created, to use NWC as preprocessor for Lilypond.
 (search for it in this forum.)
+ The documentation for Lilypond is VERY extensive, worthwhile to have available even if you do not use the program.

HTH