Skip to main content
Topic: MusicXML to Noteworthy converter (Read 26472 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: MusicXML to Noteworthy converter

Reply #50
From what I read in this thread, only an online version of the converter is available. I'd like to investigate it, but unfortunately have a very large number of files (approaching 10,000). Is there an automated way to convert files en masse? Converting individual files one-by would take impossibly long, I'm afraid.

Dick Adams

Reply #51
Dick,
what you are proposing, is equal to a big commercial application.
My suggestion is:
Contact Nicolas Hatier (the author of the convertor) directly at:

info at niversoft.com

Reply #52
Exact. Contact me offlist. Depending on your needs, we can likely offer you batch conversion for a very reasonable price.

Running the conversion of 10000 files from a web browser, even if the process would be automated, would be very inefficient.

Reply #53
Hey everyone, a quick update.

There has been a few small enhancements in the MusicXML converter since my last post here, notably:

• Support for transposition during xml->nwc conversion (it was already supported for nwc->xml)
  • Validity checks on NWC txt data, people are still submitting binary NWC files (naively renamed as nwctxt) now and then, so I added a clear (I hope) error message.
  • Finally, today I added code to remove invalid characters from XML files if it fails to import one time. The XML reader is very sensitive and apparently there is MusicXML files with badly-encoded international characters in them. Instead of simply rejecting the file, those characters are stripped in hope the conversion will work the second time.

There has been over 1700 files converted since the launch about 10 month ago. Not bad :)
About 40 failed to be converted, but at least 25-30 of them would be converted properly today. The remaining ones were either really broken or wrong nwc format.

This was my first attempt at "donation-ware". Well, let's say I will probably stick to either fully commercial software or fully freeware in the future. I'm still very grateful to those who donated, or course, that at least paid for the hosting.

https://www.niversoft.com/products/xml2nwc/