Skip to main content
Topic: Numbers no longer change the duration of notes (Read 2834 times) previous topic - next topic

Numbers no longer change the duration of notes

In the middle of entering a sequence, I am sudenly unable to change note duration by pressing numbers on the keyboard (EG 3 for quarter note). now I have to hit "w" and manually select the duration from a dropdown menu each and every note and rest, making it virtually impossible to enter anything efficiently     PLEASE someone tell me what setting I screwed up or why I can lose the ability to change the duration of the next note from my keyboard.

Re: Numbers no longer change the duration of notes

Reply #1
OK so I haven't figured out how that happened but I did shut down NWC and rebooted it and the problem was fixed......This may be a bug or something

Reply #2
Windows sometimes gets confused about the status of NUMLOCK. It can also get confused about CAPSLOCK, Shift, Ctrl and Alt. A reboot will fix this, but tapping each of these keys a few times usually works.

The plus and minus keys also be used to change durations.
Registered user since 1996

Reply #3
Aunt Betty,
In my experience, you probably accidentally UNchecked Num Lock on your keyboard.
The keyboard then reverts to what the PCs were around 1980, when there were no dedicated arrow buttons
and the numeric keypad had to do double duty.
On my keyboard, a sure give-away is the Num Lock light not shining.

Reply #4
Haymo, guess what I think about my daughter's laptop without any keylock leds... :-(