Skip to main content
Topic: Screen doesn't follow the music in the viewer (Read 5755 times) previous topic - next topic

Screen doesn't follow the music in the viewer

I'm using Noteworthy Composer version 2.5.3. and the viewer version 2.5.6a. I'm member of a choir and some of the other singers use only the viewer to rehearse the songs.

For one song I recently entered (see attachment) and in wich I used the new features (MMR and Boundary change), the viewer doesn't behave as it should. When playing a song,as the music reaches the right edge of the screen, there are 2 problems, one minor and one more serious:
  • if the last measure on the screen is incomplete, the screen is shifted only when the music has reached the first note of the next measure
  • and worse: when there is a double bar reached, the screen is shifted only when the music has reached the next double bar

In other songs the behavior is correct, so I assume the problem is caused by the new features I used.
Has someone experienced similar problems?

Always look on the bright side of life!

Re: Screen doesn't follow the music in the viewer

Reply #1
It seems to play OK if you start with the cursor in the 2nd stave down.

Reply #2
This appears to be a problem with Multi-measure Rests.
During playback, NoteWorthy seems to consider a Multi-measure Rest to be one unit and will not scroll properly.

During playback, NWC seems to use the currently selected staff to control horizontal scrolling. The user cannot select a staff in the Viewer, so the Viewer appears to use the topmost staff selected in Page Setup Command Visible Parts.

A general solution would be to use a control staff that does not contain a Multi-measure Rest in any area where playback scrolling is desired.
Registered user since 1996

Reply #3
Thanks, Rick

I moved the top staff at the bottom. Luckily the MMR in the beginning of the other staves fitted on the first screen, so the problem is solved - for this song.
The ultimate solution however is of course correcting the bug.
Hope this will be in the next version...
Always look on the bright side of life!