Skip to main content
Topic: Zoom in (Read 4568 times) previous topic - next topic

Zoom in

On the View menu in V2.5.5 the Zoom Out keyboard sequence in Alt+hyphen. The zoom in is given as Alt+Plus, but it isn't.  For me this gives the Editor Zoom (same as Alt+Equal). For Zoom In it is necessary to use Alt+Shift +Plus.  I updated to 2.5.5 today and was surprised that this had not been noticed (I was on and earlier V2 before)

Re: Zoom in

Reply #1
If you look at your keyboard, the plus key is only available once you have pressed the shift key. So zoom in is ALt and PLus - but to get plus, you need to press the shift key first - hence ALY SHIFT and the key that plus is shown on. If you don't press the shift key, you get the equals key. (Look closely at your keyboard)

However what you call the hyphen is the minus key. That key does not need a shift key to get to it.

Nothing has changed between versions.
Rich.

Reply #2
Oh my goodness - what a dolt I am!

Still, I was expecting the zoom in and zoom out to be opposites, requiring the use of Alt and two other keys '-' on the left and '+' on the right; that I would view as intuitive. However, as you say, to get + I have to press shift.  Now I understand it, it should not seem such a niggle.  I use other software in which two next door keys change a value in opposite directions and had not even looked at the keyboard!

Thanks.

Reply #3
I'm not using zoom in and zoom out, but I have similar problems when entering a sheet into NWC: I'd like to avoid the shift key as much as possible. When realizing that every language/country has its own keyboard layout, this problem can only be satisfactory solved if there is a possibility to customize the shortcuts.
Always look on the bright side of life!