Skip to main content
Topic: Key Change (Read 6444 times) previous topic - next topic

Key Change

I am trying to print out a song that has a key change in the middle of the song and the Treble Clef puts in the key change at the beginning of the line 2 to 3 measures early.  The Bass Clef is printing correctly.  What can I do to correct this?

Re: Key Change

Reply #1
Maybe I'm missing something, but you need to put the key change into every staff at the appropriate place. The key should then change at that place in each staff. Also, for a key of C-major, you should still insert a key signature, even at the beginning of the piece. It will show up in the editor as a single natural sign, but will not print.

Reply #2
What can I do to correct this?

Seems to be a bit strange.  There is probably something wrong somewhere but it would be difficult to diagnose without seeing the nwc file.
You are welcome to send it to me if you like and I will take a look. Email address is in the members info.

Rich.

Reply #3
Richard I sent you an email.  Hope you can see what the problem is and thank you.

Reply #4
Diane,

Replied with solutions and options.

HTH
Rich.

Reply #5
Which leaves the rest of us guessing what the problem and the solution might be.

Reply #6
Which leaves the rest of us guessing what the problem and the solution might be.

Just to satisfy you, Haymo, the main issue was mixing flow direction instructions with 1st and 2nd time bars and also not repeating the instructions on all staves.

The options were  (in this particular case) 1. Use flow directions  or 2. use master repeats. The music did not need both. An example of both was emailed back to Diane so that she could choose which she preferred to use.
Rich.