Skip to main content
Topic: USE COMPUTER KEYBOARD AS MIDI CONTROLLER (Read 4704 times) previous topic - next topic

USE COMPUTER KEYBOARD AS MIDI CONTROLLER

can I do this with noteworthy? I have downloaded and installed bome's keyboard and mouse.. changed settings in noteworthy to what I think is right.. but when I hit a key they are still functioniing at noteworthy's shortcuts.  is there a way to swith the computer keyboard to playing mode?

Re: USE COMPUTER KEYBOARD AS MIDI CONTROLLER

Reply #1
Last I recall, MIDI-OX has such a functionality, but it had a lot of latency (delay between the key being pressed and the softsynth generating the note).  Of course remember to have a blank tempo track in NWC to which to add the recorded MIDI input.  A work around for the latency might be to select the shortest Record note value as quarter note or eighth note (this has worked for me on problematic MIDI imports as well as comp kbd recordings).  I don't know what a Google search for "computer keyboard midi controller" would turn up nowadays.  Seems to me it would be less trouble to buy an inexpensive ($50-$100 US) piano keyboard MIDI controller and be done with it.