Skip to main content
Topic: Performer controlled midi sequencer available (Read 2670 times) previous topic - next topic

Performer controlled midi sequencer available

I have wrote a midi sequencer whose tempo / beat count is controlled completely by a user. Currently, it works well only with the midi file exported by NoteWorthy Composer. (Several assumptions were made based on Noteworthy's midi file style.)

Its function is similar to the "Magicton" or "In concert" program of Cakewalk except that its user has even more precise control over the timing of a note and, as if it matters, it is FREE. The program has been tried out in a couple of performances with a 25-people orchestra and the results sound great.

Even it seems not to have obvious bugs, please don't expect super quality. If you like to try it out, please send me email and I'll send you the program and a very simplified user's manual. Of course, the thing that I ask for is your suggestions.

Re: Performer controlled midi sequencer available

Reply #1
Alex,

This sounds like it would be of interest to a lot of users.
Would you like to post a zip file of the program and manual on the Scriptorium at http://noteworthy.beyondtheweb.com

I'm sure the guys who maintain the site would be interested.

Re: Performer controlled midi sequencer available

Reply #2
Barry, good idea. I'll write a man page and post the program there.