Skip to main content
Topic: Certificate error? (Read 6681 times) previous topic - next topic

Certificate error?

Just got a certificate error.  The certificate wasn't for "www" rather than "my"...  Not a big deal IMHO other that it might put some people off if they don't understand.
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.

Re: Certificate error?

Reply #1
The certificate wasn't for "www" rather than "my"...  

???

The my.noteworthysoftware.com domain does not use its own certificate. We will be retiring the my.* domain soon, ensuring everyone is using the correct SSL version of the forum as linked from our site.

Reply #2
Hmm, that was a typo - should have been WAS for www rather than my but anyhow, I got the error and was curious. 

I'm still using the "my" site and the cert. is for www - don't know why I suddenly got an error...

Reply #3
Do you still get an error? What does the error say? The certificate is valid.

Reply #4
Do you still get an error? What does the error say? The certificate is valid.
Yes: when I access https://my.noteworthysoftware.com but not when I access https://www.noteworthysoftware.com

The error is stating the certificate was issued for the latter address and not the former.

Not to worry for me as I use Firefox and stored the certificate when the error occurred.

Reply #5
I get the same error (not that I ever use that url).

See attached screen print.
Rich.

Reply #6
If you are using a my.* address with ssl, then this is to be expected.

Reply #7
If you are using a my.* address with ssl, then this is to be expected.
Fair enough, I only brought it up because I've been using ssl with the my. address for ages and the error only just came up.  I don't recall if I had an older certificated stored which may have expired...

Reply #8
We did switch to a new CERT in early April.

Reply #9
We will be retiring the my.* domain soon, ensuring everyone is using the correct SSL version of the forum as linked from our site.

This change has been implemented. The my.noteworthysoftware.com domain no longer serves up the forum directly. It does, however, redirect you to the forum using the official secure URL.