Skip to main content
Topic: Notes turn red (Read 4659 times) previous topic - next topic

Notes turn red

Hi. Several times now, and in different files, while just entering new notes in a bar, they turn red. I've looked very carefully and can't seem to find any reason why. Any ideas?

Re: Notes turn red

Reply #1
You have probably accidentally hit the "\" key which cycles through the colours.  The first colour after the default colour is red.
Rich.

Reply #2
You can confirm this by selecting the notes, then checking Notes, Colors in the menu.

Reply #3
You can confirm this by selecting the notes, then checking Notes, Colors in the menu.
Thanks. Sometimes, I hide my toolbar with the color info. I had not noticed that this info was available from the menu. This is easier than enabling and then hiding the toolbar.
Registered user since 1996

Reply #4
Many thanks -  that was exactly the problem. One thing I did find; when I accidently set it with the \ key, highlighted the notes and went to Notes / Colours it still had Default ticked. I then right clicked and went to Properties - which showed them with the colour and allowed me to re-set. But when I turned it on with the menu it showed correctly in the Notes / Colour menu. Hmm. I must be more careful with my little finger! Again many thanks to all.

Reply #5
I accidentally hit the backslash key instead of the backspace key so often that I finally added an icon on one of my toolbars.  This way I can reset the default color with a single mouse-click.  This has saved me a lot of frustration.

On the View menu, select Toolbars... >  Customize...  Pick a toolbar (I picked the Note toolbar) and add Item Color Default as the last command.
Jim in Cleveland

Reply #6
In addition, pressing the 0 key will reset most note related properties to their defaults.