Skip to main content
Topic: Scriptorium redirects? (Read 4950 times) previous topic - next topic

Scriptorium redirects?

Using IE*, trying to open nwc-scriptorium.org creates a redirect to w w w.webring.org(slash)hub(slash)nwcring so I can't look for music there.  The redirect doesn't appear to happen on Firefox.

Re: Scriptorium redirects?

Reply #1
Phil,

I copies the "nwc-scriptorium.org" from your post and posted it into an address bar in an IE tab. It found the Scriptorium without problem.

I think it must be something to do with some selection you made in the past perhaps.

Try putting in the proper address.  http://nwc-scriptorium.org/ or try clicking the link.

Rich.

Reply #2
Whatever the cause, I had the same problem the other day. I don't remember what I did, but I was able to get to the Scripto using the back button, or something. I use IE, V6, 7, or 8 (I can't remember, and I'm at a different computer now), on Windows 7. I don't go to the Scripto often, but I was looking for a Beethoven piece (found it!).

Reply #3
Try putting in the proper address.  [deleted] or try clicking the link.

I was using the correct URL but couldn't post it because of the restriction on posting links (which means I've also had to delete your link..).  Trying to access the site, either via your link, or my favorites, now works OK.

Reply #4
Well I've seen this at random occasions with Chrome, but I figured no one else was seeing it.  I can only imagine that the code for the WebRing widget occasionally breaks in such a way that it redirects the whole page rather than just the frame.  Going back to the front page always fixed it for me.  It looks like Rich has taken the widget out for know; I think that should fix the problem.
Sincerely,
Francis Beaumier
Green Bay, WI

Reply #5
FWIW I've had it happen to me once only - that was using FireFox.
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.

Reply #6
Using IE*, trying to open nwc-scriptorium.org creates a redirect to w w w.webring.org(slash)hub(slash)nwcring so I can't look for music there.  The redirect doesn't appear to happen on Firefox.

IE8 goes to the same place - the first time.
If you go to the 'search' page, (http://nwc-scriptorium.org/dbmain.html#search) and then adjust the URL, it goes to the correct page.  After that, I can't get it to reproduce going to the webring.org URL.

Reply #7
From what has been written here (I had no idea such issues were around), it seems to me that it is not worth having the web ring navigation bar on the page or indeed, the scripto being a member of the ring.

There are only six sites on the ring.

I expect it would be better to get rid of it.

Any objections ?
Rich.