Skip to main content
Topic: Garriton?? (Read 5891 times) previous topic - next topic

Garriton??

I've read through several discussions about itrees, etc. and am still confused. Is is possible to use the Garriton library with NWC? I have an old version of Finale that is (to me) unusable, but they sure have good instrument sounds.

I am writing a piece for orchestra would would like to hear it better and to play the piece for my conductor.

If I cannot use Garriton, what can I use and more importantly, how do I get it into the program?

Thanks,

John

Re: Garriton??

Reply #1
Yes you can use Garritan/Aria Player or any other similar software midi driven player by using LoopBe1 internal midi port - free driver available. Then Noteworthy plays to the device LoopBe and Garritan Aria Player receives on LoopBe Internal Midi.
I use this method all the time for orchestral rendering.

Cheers,

Geoff Allan
Geoff

Re: Garriton??

Reply #2
I would like to thank Geoff Allan for his help offline getting Garriton/Aria to work for me. Does anyone else use Garriton for instrument sounds?
I'm having a couple minorish issues.

Thanks,

John

Yes you can use Garritan/Aria Player or any other similar software midi driven player by using LoopBe1 internal midi port - free driver available. Then Noteworthy plays to the device LoopBe and Garritan Aria Player receives on LoopBe Internal Midi.
I use this method all the time for orchestral rendering.

Cheers,

Geoff Allan