Skip to main content
Topic: Complete Command Reference Now Available. (Read 4631 times) previous topic - next topic

Complete Command Reference Now Available.

A command reference covering all NWC menu items and including some easy to follow exercises is now updated with version 1.5 fonts and available for download at a new address http://members.tripod.com/~melbmusic/nwc.htm

The reference is only available at this site in MS Publish A4 size double-page format.

If you prefer PDF or PS format - hang on Fred is on his way!!

Re: Complete Command Reference Now Available.

Reply #1
Thanks for your reply about repeats. I shall try it when I get offline.
Also, I went to the site you noted above and DL'ed a couple of the files before I noticed they're in an extension I can't use (as you said in your post, if I had read it carefully.)
I'll be anxious to see your post in .pdf or .doc form.
Thanks!
Gordon

Reply #2
Gordon,

The first 3 parts (and the intro) are already available at
http://noteworthy.beyondtheweb.com/ (our new user-supported archive) in PostScript and PDF format.
The new parts will make their way there once Fred has converted them.

Andrew

Reply #3
Barry,

Problem - I can't unzip nwc5.zip and nwc7.zip - I get an invalid archive message from Winzip (version 6.3). I've tried downloading 3 times, same result every time. No problem with the rest of the files. Any ideas??

Peter

Reply #4
I had no trouble, but if you want to try an alternate site check out the Scriptorium, the completed work is there in the original .pub as well as .pdf and .ps formats.

At this instant (9 Nov 98, 1630 PST) it's only in the ftp, but will very soon be accessible via html (the Command Summary link on the main page).

Fred

Reply #5
Great job! I had no trouble in donwloading/unzipping.
The only trouble I had is Bookman-LightItalic which is not available on my machine, replaced by Courier.

Otherwise the contents itself is _great_ !
What about a french version ? I can do it if you allow me the rights for this.

thanx for all !

Reply #6
Barry has very kindly e-mailed me the problem files - all is now in order. Many thanks, Barry - you're a gentleman!

Reply #7
marsu, I think a French version would be wonderful. We'd be happy to host it on the Scriptorium... Same goes, by the way, for other languages.

I do suggest that you clear it with Barry first, if you plan on using his imbedded objects, etc.

Also by the way, it was thanks to your (marsu's) suggestion a long time ago that I get GSview and Ghostscript, that we have the command reference in other formats. So you've already been a major contributor to the project! Thanks again.

Fred

Reply #8
I have no problem with anyone translating the text into any language - as long as I don't have to do it!!!
The reference is Public Domain as far as I'm concerned.

Didn't think about the missing font difficulty (although I should have known after the first version in nwc13 font produced strange noteheads).
I think Times would be a better substitute than Courier (yuk!).

Barry

Reply #9
I think most people will have Bookman, since it comes with MS/Word. It's also available freely on the web.

btw - marsu, you might try the PDF version, since all fonts required are (theoretically) already encapsulated in the file.

Fred