Skip to main content
Topic: NWC2 and Linux (Ubuntu 11.04) (Read 13801 times) previous topic - next topic

NWC2 and Linux (Ubuntu 11.04)

Can anyone tell me how i run my registered NWC2 in Ubuntu. I had no problems installing and running the NWC2 demo after having installed Timidity and Wine

Re: NWC2 and Linux (Ubuntu 11.04)

Reply #1
AFAIK it should be no different to the demo...
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.

Reply #2
Can anyone tell me how i run my registered NWC2 in Ubuntu. I had no problems installing and running the NWC2 demo after having installed Timidity and Wine

I am using NWC2 in Ubuntu with the same programs you mention. Being no computer expert I can only tell my own situation. In my pc windows 7 is installed and NWC2 is also installed in that environment. Later I did a dual boot installation with Ubuntu 11.04 + wine + timidity.
In Ubuntu I go to Program Files (in the windows partition), Noteworthy and click on the exe file. Then Noteworthy appears: with better sound than in W-7! I can open all the *.nwc files I have made previously in W-7.

Could it be, that Wine needs a number of other files residing in the Noteworthy map in Program Files?

Reply #3
I can open all noteworthyfiles too, but I run Ubuntu on a Linux only machine with the demo installed. The demo cannot save any work done in noteworthy. This is why i ask for advise on registering my program in Ubuntu

Reply #4
Unlike some applications, the NWC demo is not a full program that simply needs to be unlocked. You need to install the full program on the target computer.

Go here: License Authorization and Validation
You will need the Name: and Authenticity ID: that you got in the mail when you puchased NWC 2.1

Once these are verified, you will get an opportunity to download:
  setup_nwc21.exe [1021 KB]
Registered user since 1996

Reply #5
Hello, I have a relatively similar query, so I thought it would be best to continue this thread.

I am currently running Ubuntu 11.10 on another laptop on which I would like to use NoteWorthy Composer on. I'm not very familiar with Linux operating systems, so could someone please elaborate on how the install process works for Linux OS's?

Cheers!

Reply #6
I have used NWC on Ubuntu/WINE for may years, with Timidity and Eawpatches.
To install NWC, I simply run the setup executable under WINE. All upgrades take place in the same way. There is no need to have a Windows partition on your computer for this.

Christian

NWC on Ubuntu Linux/Wine

Reply #7
Hi, I just installed NWC2 for Ubuntu 11.10, and no sound is playing. Other sounds have been playing on my computer today, and my volume is all the way up. I installed it on Wine using PlayOnLinux. What am I doing wrong?