Skip to main content
Topic: adding a staff part way through a score (Read 4233 times) previous topic - next topic

adding a staff part way through a score

Sorry in advance, but I'm not an advanced user, and I am working on entering a handwritten song sheet for a male choir, for a piece in which a bass clef shows up for the last few bars (11) of a piece.  I want to enter that last part of the song using two staves, but just show (print) the one (treble) staff for the first pages of the score.  There must be a way of making a break in the song at the end of the single-staff part, and starting with a multiple-staff system from that point on, but I'm not seeing how to do that.  I know I could enter an empty bass staff with invisible rests up to that point, but then it seems to print - that is I can make the contents of the staff up to that point invisible, but the staff lines still print. Help please!

Re: adding a staff part way through a score

Reply #1
There must be a way of making a break in the song at the end of the single-staff part, and starting with a multiple-staff system from that point on
There is not.
Registered user since 1996

Reply #2
I have done this by splitting the piece into two parts. The first has one staff, the second, 2 staves. I had to set the starting page number for the second half appropriately. If the two stave part is at the bottom of a one staff page, then I cut and paste (really! scissors and glue; well really tape) before photocopying.

Reply #3
Wow, thank you for the quick response, it's good to know that there's no elegant answer and that I need to resort to two documents, so I'll stop wasting time and go ahead and do that to get past the current challenge.  Thanks again.