Skip to main content
Topic: Writing black chords with keyboard (Read 4445 times) previous topic - next topic

Writing black chords with keyboard

Hello
i just have discovered NWC and i like it.
But it seems not possible to easily write chords using Ctrl + keyboard. It just works with Ctrl + Enter
Any ideas?

Re: Writing black chords with keyboard

Reply #1
To create a chord using the virtual keyboard, you have to :

Left click the keyboard on the note you want but do not release the left mouse button.
Then whilst holding down the left mouse button click the additional notes in the chord with the right mouse button.

When you have completed the chord you want, release both mouse buttons.

Rich.

Reply #2
Takes some practice. See: FAQ - Piano Keyboard Toolbar
Quote from: http://www.noteworthysoftware.com/composer/faq/108.htm
To add a chord:
1. Left mouse click and hold the first note of the chord
2. Right mouse click the notes remaining in the chord – one at a time – while continuing to hold the left mouse button.
3. Release the left mouse click
4. The chord will appear on the staff
Registered user since 1996

Reply #3
thanks very much!

Reply #4
You are welcome, and welcome to the Forum. You may find, in time, that the computer keyboard is the fastest way to enter notation, with a mouse intensive pass at the end for a final edit.

But the new graphic keyboard is fun to watch ...
Registered user since 1996

Reply #5
Hi Rick,
maybe it is faster but to me it is not optimised. Because you allways have to release Ctrl before moving up a note ... then pressing Ctrl again. Holding Ctrl would be more easy, but if you hold Ctrl the note moves up one octave.
Moving up a semitone outside the Key Signature is also quite complicated (7,8,or 9). Better would be a close by key like Alt or Shift or AltGr.

I dont understand why Ctrl + mouse does not work. I am german and we think systematically.
This is not systematical ;)