Skip to main content
Topic: Opening tunes written version 1.75 with version 1.70 (Read 19620 times) previous topic - next topic

Opening tunes written version 1.75 with version 1.70

A group of musicians I'm involved with use version 1.70 to share tunes. Unknowingly, one of the writers has written many tunes using version 1.75 which the rest are unable to share unless they all upgrade to version 1.75 which isn't an option just now. Is there any way at all that these tunes can be converted to be read by the version 1.70 users?

Re: Opening tunes written version 1.75 with version 1.70

Reply #1
As far as converting 1.75 files to 1.70 version, I don't think so - and the problem is that the people who are likely to be prepared to experiment are unlikely to have NWC version 1.70.

Three things I think you can do.  The first and third ones are guaranteed to work.

Get your 1.70 friends to download the free NoteWorthy Viewer (from here http://www.noteworthysoftware.com/nwc2/viewer.htm ).
This will play the 1.75 version files without problem. They won't be able to edit the files in any way, but it sounds like that bit has all been done by the 1.75 user anyway. They would be able to print the files using the viewer.

If that really isn't good enough, then the nest thing you can try is get your friends to write to NoteWorthy support with their licence details and  perhaps they may decide to send the 1.75 set up files.

Finally, consider an upgrade to version 2.

Rich.

Reply #2
As Rich says, direct conversion is not possible.
the rest are unable to share unless they all upgrade to version 1.75 which isn't an option just now.
Indeed. There is no longer an upgrade path to NWC 1.75 as the current upgrade is to NWC 2.1  Since your options are limited, let me suggest something that is merely tedious:

After a few of these, upgrading to the current version may look like a more viable option.
Registered user since 1996

Reply #3
...unless they all upgrade to version 1.75 which isn't an option just now.
While you haven't given the reason that upgrading is not currently an option, with the very greatest of respect, $15 US to upgrade to V2.1 is almost nothing ($25 if you want the CD as well) and the appearance and features available are considerably improved over all previous versions.  I strongly encourage upgrades over messing around.

https://www.noteworthysoftware.com/order/wizard.php?formid=nwc2u
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.