Skip to main content
Topic: nwc 2 (Read 3318 times) previous topic - next topic

nwc 2

I purchased a new computer winh Windows 7 and sent for and received my nwc2 disc and installed it in win 7 the problem is that whenever i click on the nwc2 icon it opens the MY DOCS folder. Ihave been unable to correct it ...Any ideas. Fortunately i backed everything up and can access it through the backup file but cannot open nwc directly...Any ideas ?
Thanks Dick

Re: nwc 2

Reply #1
Hover the mouse cursor over the icon. A tool tip should pop up with the icon's target program listed. Confirm that it actually points to the NWC program (if you've let the program install with its default settings, this should be something like "C:\Program Files (x86)\Noteworthy Software\NoteWorthy Composer 2\NWC2.exe"). If the pointer doesn't point to the program, right-click on the icon, choose "properties," and type in the correct path and file name. If it does....well, then, you have another problem....

Reply #2
Clicking on the icon does in fact open nwc . It is when I click on the file within the program. {upper left on the screen} that the My Docs folder shows up
Dick

Reply #3
If you are using NWC2, it has two separate commands for opening *.nwc files:

1) The File, Open command should be used to open your own files. You can control its starting folder location from Tools, Options, Folders, Song Files.
2) The File, Open Samples command is hard coded to open the Samples folder in the NWC2 program files.
Also:
File-Open Default
Saving files somewhere other than Samples directory
Folders Options Dialog Tab
Registered user since 1996

Reply #4
Problem solved
Thanks to all
Rick