Skip to main content
Topic: playback problems with transposition (Read 4967 times) previous topic - next topic

playback problems with transposition

I'm having a playback problem related somehow to transposition. Here is what I did:
I am arranging "Joy to the World" . I started in the key of A, and am modulating to the key of Bb. So, I input the notes in A, then I copied those notes to a new staff, transposed it to Bb using the staff transpose function, and then copied and pasted the new key onto the staff that had the original. Now, it will play through until the key change and then stop. I don't understand what I did wrong. Any ideas?

Re: playback problems with transposition

Reply #1
If there are any flow instructions, their effects may have changed due to the double bar line that you probably inserted at the key change. Further discussion <here> and <here>.
Registered user since 1996

Reply #2
Well, I didn't have double bars there but in front of the first verse, since it was a medley that included a first song. I removed them but it hasn't helped.  The carol does occur in a second ending after a master repeat close. The thing that confuses me is that the first verse of the carol is fine, but it is only after the key change that the playback stops. That is what leads me to believe it is somehow connected to the transposition.

Any other ideas?

Thanks!

Reply #3
Not without seeing it. If you can't attach it, and it is too long to quote, you can email it to me.

Reply #4
Ok, I'm sending it your way.

Reply #5
The email didn't go through.

Reply #6
The email didn't go through.
I see. Sorry, try again. I fixed the mailto address.

Reply #7
Trying again!

Reply #8
Received. Responses sent. Sorry for confusion.

Update: The problem was inadvertent muting, not flow or transposition.
IOW, the age old problem that machines do what one tells them to do, rather than what one wants them to do.