Skip to main content
Topic: Wish-list: Icon or Keyboard Shortcut for Audit Note Stems (Read 6666 times) previous topic - next topic

Wish-list: Icon or Keyboard Shortcut for Audit Note Stems

I find that I use "Audit:Note Stems" quite often after transposition and/or cutting-and-pasting from one part to another.  The operation to "Audit: Note Stems" takes 3 clicks of the mouse.  Can a keyboard shortcut or an icon be introduced for this very useful operation ?

Re: Wish-list: Icon or Keyboard Shortcut for Audit Note Stems

Reply #1
2 clicks, I think. Or ALT+T, A, N
Registered user since 1996

Reply #2
Is there a Wish List forum?

Is there a place where ideas and suggestions for improvement can be posted, seen, and discussed?

Where they can be prioritized by Eric based on mutual, substantial user input?

Not isolated one-way messages to Eric.  A real forum?

... for NoteWorthy Composer,

... and NoteWorthy Viewer.

Joe

Reply #4
Is there a place where ideas and suggestions for improvement can be posted, seen, and discussed?
General Discussion works for me. <Here> is an example of a lively exchange that resulted in a notable improvement.
Registered user since 1996

Reply #6
General Discussion works for me. <Here> (...Please see Rick's original message for the link...) is an example of a lively exchange that resulted in a notable improvement.

Yes, indeed it was good to see a NoteWorthy response and subsequent address of that issue.

What I'm asking about are the myriad requests that have been scattered for ... literally ... several years through various threads in several past newsgroups ...

... And not yet addressed, and in some cases not even acknowledged or responded to by a message from NoteWorthy:

... slurs.

... 'smart' MIDI export of fermatas and breath marks -- built-in, without having to use an external user-developed tool.

... Pause control in the Viewer.

There's no need to again detail what's been asked for there.  They've been discussed and 'seconded' nearly to death.

Yes, I am totally loyal to NWC and promoted its purchase in a meeting with a choral director less than four weeks ago.  He uses Sibelius now.  He'll evaluate four choral works notated in NWC, through downloading the NW Viewer.

You can bet your sweet 'bippie' he'll be put off quickly by stopping the Viewer to take a note or replay a part of a passage -- but having to restart the work from back at the beginning because of the lack of a Pause button.

That's just one example.  Any more would probably be too disagreeable to others.

[grump]

Re:  General Discussion ...

Humble opinion, topics which have been requested for such a long time -- years -- with lack of even a reply from the developer through what has now been a second Beta series since the original topics were brought up, deserve more than to be submerged in a General Discussion.

[/grump]

Joe Roberts